Want to get involved?
Join our steering committee; Enter a team; Be a sponsor!
Register now to ensure you get your preferred T-Shirt size!
HOW DOES PUSH-UP & UP WORK?
This fundraising event is designed to literally “push-up” at-risk youth in the Charleston area. Participate on your own or form a team. You can begin training and start raising money for this important cause.
Teams of 6 people compete to complete as many push-ups as possible in 30 minutes.
1. Competitive Division - Push it to the max! Hard-core, official push-up technique.
2. Open Division - Have some fun! More flexibility on push-up technique and pace.
3. School Division - Open to all Middle Schools and High Schools.
• Push-Up & Up Challenge Charleston is a family-friendly event with sponsored booths, food and entertainment while focusing on community wellness.
• Proceeds raised from the event will support dropout prevention programs through Communities In Schools (CIS). CIS is a nonprofit agency that surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
• Registration is $150.00 per team ($25 per person). Teams are comprised of individuals from local businesses, gyms, community groups, sports teams, families, friends, and schools.
• In addition to training for the 30-minute competition, each team will be challenged to raise at least $1,000 leading up to the event. Team members will ask friends, family, or businesses to “sponsor their push-ups” at $1 per push-up for any number of push-ups they would like.
• Prizes will be given for teams raising the most money. All team members get t-shirts.
• For School Teams, registration is free and fundraising is encouraged, but not required.
***School Teams that raise $500 by April 14th will receive free Push-Up & Up T-Shirts.
• Charleston County School District has embraced the Push-Up & Up Challenge as part of its Wellness Initiative and Superintendent’s Cup. All schools -- public, private and parochial – are invited to form teams and participate in the school division challenge at 9 am on the same day for a 20-minute competition
There are six ways to participate:
1. As part of a team to compete and raise money.
2. As an individual donor, sponsoring any # push-ups at $1 per push-up.
3. As a CIS School Team Sponsor at $500 per team.
4. As a Premium Giveaway Sponsor at $3,000 or $1,500.
5. As a major Event Sponsor at $10,000, $5,000, $2,500, or $1,000
6. As a volunteer at the event day or before.