Push-Up & Up Challenge Charleston 2014
Benefiting Communities In Schools of the Charleston Area
Welcome to the Push-Up & Up Challenge Charleston 2014!Presented by
What an amazing day for the 2014 Push-Up & Up Challenge -- perfect weather, outstanding team participation, great sponsors, and a fun After Party! We had 53 teams who completed 112,130 total push-ups to support Communities In Schools' dropout prevention program.
Much appreciation to presenting sponsor MUSC Health, and to all of our sponsors, team participants and volunteers who have helped us raise important funds to support at-risk youth. And for anyone who's REALLY IMPRESSED by all those push-ups, it's not too late to donate!
Here are the 2014 winners:
The School Division did 32,808 total push-ups:
Middle School Winner — Zucker Middle
High School Winner — North Charleston High
Top Fundraising School Team - Clark Academy
School Team Spirit Award – Sanders Clyde Elementary
The Open/Competitive teams did 79,322 total push-ups:
Open Division — SIB Consulting
Competitive Division — MUSC Neurosciences
Top Fundraising Team - Carolina One Mt Pleasant North
Team Spirit Award - Suntrust
Overall Individual Fundraiser — David Aylor
HOW DOES PUSH-UP & UP WORK?
This fundraising event is designed to literally “push-up” at-risk youth in the Charleston area. Participate on your own or form a team. You can begin training and start raising money for this important cause.
Teams of 6 people compete to complete as many push-ups as possible in 30 minutes.
1. Competitive Division - Push it to the max! Hard-core, official push-up technique.
2. Open Division - Have some fun! More flexibility on push-up technique and pace.
3. School Division - Open to all Middle Schools and High Schools.
• Push-Up & Up Challenge Charleston is a family-friendly event with sponsored booths, food and entertainment while focusing on community wellness.
• Proceeds raised from the event will support dropout prevention programs through Communities In Schools (CIS). CIS is a nonprofit agency that surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
• Registration is $150.00 per team ($25 per person). Teams are comprised of individuals from local businesses, gyms, community groups, sports teams, families, friends, and schools.
• In addition to training for the 30-minute competition, each team will be challenged to raise at least $1,000 leading up to the event. Team members will ask friends, family, or businesses to “sponsor their push-ups” at $1 per push-up for any number of push-ups they would like.
• Prizes will be given for teams raising the most money. All team members get t-shirts.
• For School Teams, registration is free and fundraising is encouraged, but not required.
***School Teams that raise $500 by April 21st will receive free Push-Up & Up T-Shirts.
• Charleston County School District has embraced the Push-Up & Up Challenge as part of its Wellness Initiative and Superintendent’s Cup. All schools -- public, private and parochial – are invited to form teams and participate in the school division challenge at 9 am on the same day for a 20-minute competition.
• There are six ways to participate:
1. As part of a team to compete and raise money.
2. As an individual donor, sponsoring any # push-ups at $1 per push-up.
3. As a CIS School Team Sponsor at $500 per team.
4. As a Premium Giveaway Sponsor at $3,000 or $1,500.
5. As a major Event Sponsor at $10,000, $5,000, $2,500, or $1,000
6. As a volunteer at the event day or before.
Special shout-out to TrySports Mt. Pleasant for donating gift cards for us to give out as prizes on competition day!
Did you know?
• 1 out of 4 students in South Carolina will not graduate high school
• 1 in 3 at risk SC students will not graduate high school
• 2 out of 3 national prisoners dropped out of school
• In the last year, 96% of CIS students were promoted to the next grade level
• 93% of CIS seniors graduate
U.S. Department of Education
Bureau of Justice Statistics